First of all, apologies because my list came out late this year. Too much alcohol can hinder your perspective of time. Oops.
Musical highlights have got to be the ‘NSYNC at the 2013 VMAs. Suddenly I realized all the boybands of today cannot hold a candle to those of the 90’s and 00’s. My playlist of boyband songs is sacred on my ipod.
Then I started rapping to the likes of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (“trust me, on my I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T shit, hustling… chasing dreams since I was fourteen”). Well, it’s been a long time since I wanted to learn the lyrics of a rap song. Then there’s Ed Sheeran who writes and sings crazy-beautiful lyrics and songs.
This year’s Grammys is gonna be the shit!
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Can’t Hold Us / Thrift Shop
- Paramore – Still Into You
- Taylor Swift – I Knew You Were Trouble
- Ed Sheeran – The A Team / Kiss Me
- The Script – If You Could See Me Now
- .fun – Carry On
- Imagine Dragons – Demons / Radioactive
- Capital Cities – Safe and Sound
- OneRepublic – Counting Stars / If I Lose Myself
- One Direction – One Way Or Another (Teenage Kicks) / Best Song Ever
- Rihanna featuring Mikky Ekko – Stay
- Maroon 5 – Love Somebody
- Bruno Mars – When I Was Your Man
- Justin Timberlake – Mirrors
- Lauryn Hill – Can’t Take My Eyes Off You