First of all, apologies because my list came out late this year. Too much alcohol can hinder your perspective of time. Oops.
Musical highlights have got to be the ‘NSYNC at the 2013 VMAs. Suddenly I realized all the boybands of today cannot hold a candle to those of the 90’s and 00’s. My playlist of boyband songs is sacred on my ipod.
Then I started rapping to the likes of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (“trust me, on my I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T shit, hustling… chasing dreams since I was fourteen”). Well, it’s been a long time since I wanted to learn the lyrics of a rap song. Then there’s Ed Sheeran who writes and sings crazy-beautiful lyrics and songs.
This year’s Grammys is gonna be the shit!
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Can’t Hold Us / Thrift Shop
- Paramore – Still Into You
- Taylor Swift – I Knew You Were Trouble
- Ed Sheeran – The A Team / Kiss Me
- The Script – If You Could See Me Now
- .fun – Carry On
- Imagine Dragons – Demons / Radioactive
- Capital Cities – Safe and Sound
- OneRepublic – Counting Stars / If I Lose Myself
- One Direction – One Way Or Another (Teenage Kicks) / Best Song Ever
- Rihanna featuring Mikky Ekko – Stay
- Maroon 5 – Love Somebody
- Bruno Mars – When I Was Your Man
- Justin Timberlake – Mirrors
- Lauryn Hill – Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
Posted in music
Tagged annuals, bruno mars, capital cities, ed sheeran, imagine dragons, justin timberlake, kj:playlist, macklemore, maroon 5, music videos, one direction, paramore, taylor swift
Well, I spent lots of this year listening to old songs – rediscovering old gems I didn’t know I had as well as classics that I wasn’t exposed to earlier. OMG, who knew Foreigner sounded so good?
2012 has been a good year for concerts and lots of what I listened to depended on the concerts I was going. I think the most memorable was the GREATEST HITS CONCERT back in February. a1! The last three days of February was madness and I didn’t regret a minute of it. Plus, I am now the proud owner of TWO autographed albums by a1!
The London Olympics brought back my love of the Spice Girls and the notion of GIRL POWER! Also from UK – One Direction! Liam Payne!!!
Though I have not started watching Season 4 of Glee but I still listen to the songs each week and needless to say, I love their songs from their Grease-inspired episode, Glease. OMG Darren Criss still sounds so good and I love every song from his mouth. #20 is a tribute to him.
Lastly, movie soundtracks! Rock of Ages introduced good ol’ classic rock and Pitch Perfect was aca-madness! Skylar Astin’s voice as well as Anna Kendrick’s performance of ‘Cups’. And, the introduction of Foreigner! They have been featured in several episodes of Supernatural but I didn’t really notice them till now.
- Keane – Sovereign Light Cafe / On The Road / Disconnected
- Snow Patrol – Called Out In The Dark / The Weight Of Love
- One Direction – One Thing / I Wish / Save You Tonight
- Train – Drive By
- Parachute – Kiss Me Slowly
- Gotye Featuring Kimbra – Somebody I Used To Know
- Kelly Clarkson – Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)
- .fun – Some Nights
- Mumford & Sons – I Will Wait
- The Cab – La La
- David Guetta featuring Sia – Titanium
- Matt Nathanson featuring Sugarland – Run
- All Time Low – Time-Bomb
- Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe
- 98 Degrees – The Hardest Thing / Invisible Man
- a1 – One Last Song / Walking In The Rain
- Bruno Mars – Runaway Baby
- Foreigner – Feels Like The First Time / Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Of Monsters And Men – Little Talks
- Glee Cast – Hungry Like The Wolf_Rio / Fighter / Boys_Boyfriend / Don’t Speak / The Scientist / Hopelessly Devoted To You / Beauty School Dropout
Posted in music
Tagged 98 degrees, a1, anna kendrick, annuals, blue, darren criss, glee, keane, kj:playlist, one direction, skylar astin, spice girls
00:20 – OMG: What was Louis doing?
00:29 – OMG: That finger on Harry!
And I don’t even want to comment on what Liam was doing throughout the entire thing.
Something’s gotta give now
Cos I’m dying just to know your name
And I need you here with me now
Cos you’ve got that one thing
I can’t be no SupermanBut for you I’ll be superhuman